Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Mtn club challenge

Foam on the Range Homebrew Club is proud to announce the 2011-2012 Rocky Mountain Homebrew Club Challenge to be held at Falling Rock Tap House on November 5th. This competition is open to only and all Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Wyoming AHA Homebrew Clubs. We hope to create a good nature competition between the clubs to find out who will become known as the best overall Rocky Mountain homebrew club.

Awards and prizes will be given to individual club members for the top 3 winners in each of the BJCP Style Guidelines Homebrew Categories plus the 3 top winners in both the beer and the meads & ciders the Best of Show. The grand prize is the coveted Foamer Firkin which will be given to the Homebrew Club that earns the most points to use for a year, much like the Stanley Cup but for a Homebrew Competition. The winning club will earn the distinction of being the Best Rocky Mountain Homebrew Club. The first winner of the Firkin, went to Foam on the Range located in Denver Colorado. Please see the attached document that explains the point system as well as a picture of the Foamer Firkin and it's first winning club.

Our first competition was only open to Colorado, and Wyoming AHA homebrew clubs. This time we are now expanding eligible Rocky Mountain States to include Arizona, and New Mexico, homebrew clubs. This is doubling last competition invitees to a total of 57 homebrew clubs.

Please visit http://fotr.brewcompetition.com/for competition rules and further detail. Also you can enter beers, meads, ciders via this web site as well as sign up to be a judge or a steward.

We will also be printing up T Shirts with the competition name and all the participating homebrew club's names. If your club wants to compete please verify back to us at jondenver77@yahoo.com by October 1st so we can get the shirts made in time for the challenge which will then be available to all the participating homebrew club members.

We also ask for each club to wear your homebrew club t shirts if you are either judging, stewarding, participating or just supporting your club. So if you think your club has what it takes to be crowned the Best Rocky Mountain Homebrew Club for 2011-2012 and can take home the Foamer Firkin. come join the fun.

Cheers to all and Happy Holidays

Jonathan Aronson
    President Foam on the Range

Andy, will you be at the meeting on Saturday? Might you be willing to drop off some entries for me as well?

Blog Entries
    John, I've been on the road. I will probably go to drydock on Monday to drop mine off. If you can get them to me by then I'll take them over. 720-201-9138
    if you're out Treading trodden trails, stop by for a beer!
    On Tap:
    Blackberry Wit
    Anthem Bock
    Anthem Blonde
    Pullman Porter
    Bloch's Bounty Milk Stout
    Sour Brown Monk

Still Bubblin' or Carbonatin':
    Schwartz
    Cascadian Dark

Blog Entries
    Still think it needs more bottle conditioning (55 days come 11/5), but either way I'll drop off an MHM submission for a little 19B representation. We shall see.
    Primary: "Alliteration" (12/12/12 semi sweet mead with Chardonnay yeast)
    Secondary:
    Conditioning: 9/11 Heaven Barleywine, Rhubarb Berliner Weisse, Perfect Match Porter
    Enjoying / On Tap: Moo! (Steel toe milk stout clone), peanut butter cup stout, Rye-aled Up (roggenbier), and Jack-o-lantern (pumpkin spiced saison)
    On Deck: "Wiser Bock" and "Obliteration" (westvbleteren 12 clone) or at least a kick ass quad since I have nothing to reference
    Projects:

Blog Entries
    387 entries for 130 something participants among 100 something brew clubs doesn't sound like alot, does it?
    Secondary:
    Conditioning: 9/11 Heaven Barleywine, Rhubarb Berliner Weisse, Perfect Match Porter
    Enjoying / On Tap: Moo! (Steel toe milk stout clone), peanut butter cup stout, Rye-aled Up (roggenbier), and Jack-o-lantern (pumpkin spiced saison)
    On Deck: "Wiser Bock" and "Obliteration" (westvbleteren 12 clone) or at least a kick ass quad since I have nothing to reference
    Projects:

Lay Brother
    It ended up being larger than what I thought. Where did you get the total entry info?
    I entered two myself.

Blog Entries
    http://fotr.brewcompetition.com/ so simply without the rules file on the end as the original post. Not sure I get the 3 judging rounds over 2 locations <scratching head>.
    Secondary:
    Projects:

Blog Entries
    Well the results are in! I got smoked, but Jason got up in lights in a couple of categories. Good Job!

http://fotr.brewcompetition.com/
    On Tap:
    Blackberry Wit
    Anthem Bock
    Anthem Blonde
    Pullman Porter
    Sour Brown Monk

Schwartz
    Cascadian Dark

Blog Entries
    I saw that too. Don't feel bad I got a terrible 20 pts. What the? Can't wait to read the notes.
    Secondary:
    Projects:

Blog Entries
    Where'd you see the scores? I couldn't find them
    On Tap:
    Blackberry Wit
    Anthem Bock
    Anthem Blonde
    Pullman Porter
    Sour Brown Monk

Schwartz
    Cascadian Dark